We collect information from users of HST Case Coordination, which may include information that identifies you or another person personally. More detail about data we collect is provided below. Examples of the data we collect include:
- Your first and last name, email address, phone number, the Center you work for, and your job title;
- Patient information relating to the surgical case (“Case”) including the surgeon’s name, the patient’s name, patient age, patient identification number and patient room number (collectively, “Patient Data”).
- A description of the surgical procedure, the date, time, duration and location of the surgical procedure, anesthesia type and documents or images about the Case (collectively, “Case Data”);
- The Center’s name, business address, phone number and email address;
- IP Address: We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer HST Case Coordination. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information; and
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use HST Case Coordination, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use HST Case Coordination, we may automatically collect certain details about your access to and use of HST Case Coordination, including the resources that you access and use on or through HST Case Coordination.
- Information about Your Visit. HST Case Coordination collects log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type and operating system. We use this information to prevent misuse of HST Case Coordination and to ensure that HST Case Coordination is functioning properly.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the web pages you view. We use this information to deliver HST Case Coordination to you and to measure traffic within HST Case Coordination.
If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not use HST Case Coordination.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of HST Case Coordination and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related HST Case Coordination statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Information Collected
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to:
- Provide you with HST Case Coordination and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Send you text message or email notifications regarding your Cases;
- Identify you when you enter information on HST Case Coordination;
- Give you notice about your account or subscription, such as renewal notice or updates to the software;
- Complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights pertaining to any agreements entered into between you and Company.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Although this is not an exhaustive list, we may share or disclose your information in the following instances:
- To our employees, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill a service to you.
- As directed by you. For example, if you want us to grant another user access to your account.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Web Sites
Accessing Your Profile and Privacy Preferences
We provide you with an opportunity to access your personal profile and other information to ensure it is accurate and current. You may edit or update your profile by accessing your account settings on HST Case Coordination. You may also opt-out of, or change your preferences relating to, receiving notifications about your Cases by accessing your account settings in HST Case Coordination.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password (collectively, the “Access Credentials”) for access to HST Case Coordination, you are responsible for keeping these Access Credentials secure and strictly confidential. If the security or confidentiality of your Access Credentials is in any way compromised, you must report such compromise to Company and your Administrator immediately. Company is not liable for any loss, breach or compromise of your information caused by or related to your failure or negligence to keep your Access Credentials secure and confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through HST Case Coordination. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss or unauthorized access to your information or any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
International Transfer of Information
We may transfer your information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your information and other information to the United States which may not have the same data protection laws as your country and by providing your information you consent to:
- The transfer of your information to the United States as indicated above.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign all the information we have collected about you.
HST, Healthcare Systems & Technologies, LLC 2021