Surgery Centers Have Entered the Chat
As a busy surgical care team with more than enough on its plate, having a way to work and communicate efficiently with everyone is essential to the productivity of your surgery center. Check out our roundup of the top 4 ASC roles most likely to benefit from instant messaging capabilities and how instant messaging can support surgery center workflows.
Which are the four most common roles to benefit from instant messaging in an ASC?
Administrators & Facility Leaders need a way to communicate:
- To department leadership regarding meetings, day-to-day operations, or schedules.
- In a HIPAA-compliant way with physicians regarding specific case details or block time questions.
- With their staff about meetings, process updates, facility hours, staffing needs, or high acuity cases.
- To the entire team about inclement weather closures or other immediate changes with the facility.
Materials Managers want to instantly:
- Update a vendor or physician about upcoming equipment or implant needs.
- Confirm that the equipment or implants will be at the facility on the DOS.
- Check with an insurance verifier about the cost of necessary equipment or implants for a case.
Schedulers are looking for efficient ways to:
- Confirm the upcoming schedule, ask for additional information for a case, or request if they can use a physician’s block time.
- To request an anesthesia group scheduler to confirm coverage for the next day or get anesthesia provider assignments.
Pre-Assessment Nurses can work with:
- A physician office scheduler for additional items needed to clear a patient for surgery.
- The medical director or an anesthesia provider to receive clearance for a high acuity patient.
With intuitive instant messaging solutions, care teams can easily boost communication of essential information and facility operations across your entire ASC. With HST Case Coordination, a surgery coordination and communication solution, all users get access to the instant messaging feature: Chat. Chat helps care teams communicate in a timely, instantaneous manner, delivers actionable case information, reduces the potential for medical errors, creates more efficiency across teams, and vastly improves the patient’s experience.
With HST Case Coordination’s Chat, keep your care team connected with:
- Efficient Case Linking
- Secure Documentation
- Group Collaboration
- End-to-End Encryption
- Interactive Messaging Capabilities
Ready to take your care team’s communication to new heights? Book a demo and discover how you can get started with HST Case Coordination’s Chat.
Don’t miss out on the good stuff – Subscribe to HST’s Blog & Podcast!
Every two weeks we’ll email you our newest blog posts. No fluff – just helpful content delivered right to your inbox.