Marie Yarborough – Top 5 KPIs all ASCs Should be Tracking | This Week in Surgery Centers
Here’s what to expect on this week’s episode. 🎙️
Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) is the only way to ensure your surgery center is operating at optimal efficiency. But how do you know where to begin?
Marie Yarborough, CASC is the Administrator at Skyway Surgery Center. With four ORs and 600 cases per month, KPIs are her lifeline for understanding her facility’s revenue and success. In this week’s episode, we ask Marie why she started this journey, how she identifies what to track, how she collects her data, and more. Here’s a high level of what she shared.
By measuring KPIs, you’ll be able to:
- Watch historical trends and course-correct before it’s too late
- Access visual representations of your data to draw out insights and make decisions
- Meet and exceed your organization’s goals
Here are the five most important areas to focus on:
- Supply & operational costs (ex. Operational costs by case)
- Employee expenses (ex. Average labor cost by case)
- Surgeon utilization (ex. Is volume shrinking?)
- Patient satisfaction
Find the full episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or YouTube to hear all the details!
Don’t miss out on the good stuff – Subscribe to HST’s Blog & Podcast!
Every two weeks we’ll email you our newest blog posts. No fluff – just helpful content delivered right to your inbox.